Monday, December 5, 2016

In Preparation of What's to Come



I have a lot of male friends.It seems that I am forever being friend zoned. These guys and these relationships just kind of hang in the balance with no real titles and no real definitions. Now that I've come to the conclusion that what I really want is to be married and possibly have more babies, I've started thinking about what it is that I need to do next to prepare me for the things I'm asking for. So far this list includes:

1. Getting my health on track because I don't want to leave my current children, my future husband and my future kids too soon

2. Fixing my financial situation 

3. Dropping my hoes....

Did I mention that the list is pretty new? I know there are other things that need to be fixed but right now, I'm focused on these three things. Anyway, this post is about #3, the dropping of the hoes. 

Now, when I say hoes I mean those guys that you kinda keep in rotation for when you need somebody to Netflix and chill with, a shoulder to lean on, an ear to listen ...you know all of the excuses we give ourselves for letting some people take up permanent residence in our lives when they should have only been awarded temporary passes or not have been awarded ANY entrance into our lives, minds and bodies in the first place. 

So yesterday I was contacted by 2 of these "friends" at separate times and it further confirmed what I've known all along which is that men are hot shitty messes who like to blame the confusion between the sexes on just the women. I think women are more open to the actual fact that everybody has issues. 

Anyway, one conversation was basically, "I do like you, I think we can be good together as long as you are there ...for sex"

Boy what? Please understand that what I'm looking for is not just about sex. The fact that frequent sex is one of your relationship demands tells me that we are on two totally different pages. I wouldn't be so pissed if you had listed good sex but frequent sex? 

First of all, ain't nobody got time for that. I live where I live and you live where you live and those will probably be 2 different places for a while because I don't look forward to cohabitating with anyone anytime soon.

Second of all,  I work and I hustle and I can only be attracted to someone that does the same. I want you to be legit busy so that you understand when I'm busy. Not the best set-up but one day we'll be able to sit back and enjoy the fruits of our labor and the time that we do have together, the focus will be on making it meaningful. Quality vs. Quantity. 

Third of all, bye Felipe! If I ever liked you before, you just completely turned me off. Aint no hope with dope (which you're obviously on). 

Later in the day, another 'friend' texted me and because I was under the impression that we're just friends, I asked him about another situation that I was briefly (very briefly) involved in. This negro was all like "I don't want to hear about what you got going on with somebody else" which made me ask if he was interested and of course the answer was "yes, but BLAH BLAH, BLAH BLAH, BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH....

Listen fellas, I don't have time for these games. I feel better though. Laying it all out on the line, finding out who's ready and who isn't. Survey says....this is going to be a long, hard journey, but I'm game. I will not settle. #IWantTheFairyTale


This promises to be an adventure guys! I can't wait to see what's next. Until next time.

Hugs & Kisses, 
Latina Renee 

No comments:

Post a Comment